Ordinary private visa is issued to the citizens of Sweden, other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation for guest visit based on:
- Invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration issued of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (Russian MIA), based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with the Russian federation residence permit or a legal entity;
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizens;
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting his/her close relatives.
Ordinary private visa may also be issued if there is a necessity to enter the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or death of a close relative if the applicant can present the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
Persons visiting military or civilian burial sites should submit the following documents (*according to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EU):
- Original or a stamped and signed copy of a document confirming the existence of the burial site. The document must be issued by a Russian government agency or the “Red Cross” organization;
- Original or a copy of the document confirming kinship (lineal consanguinity*) of an applicant and the buried. *Relatives with lineal consanguinity are parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents, siblings;
- For persons visiting military and civilian burial sites usually short-term private visas are issued valid for up to 14 days.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen if it is necessary to travel to the Russian Federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation or Consul-General of the Russian Federation based on a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be added to the request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, urgent hospitalization, examination or a serious illness of the person who is being visited and who requires constant care;
- or a death certificate of the applicant’s close relative (spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message indicating death of a citizen certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of the applicant and the person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry private visa the following documents must be submitted:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation:
1.1. The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs;
1.2. A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizen:
- Application for submission of documents in the Russian Visa Office in Stockholm
- Application for submission of documents in the Russian Visa Office in Göteborg;
1.3. A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives* – spouses, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren. The lawful residence must be proven by providing a copy of the documents clarifying the status, such as resident permit, temporary residence permit, student or work visa enclosed to the request;
*The degree of kinship must be confirmed by providing the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries. In case of the grandparents or grandchildren requests, two copies of the respective certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries that confirm the lineal consanguinity of the persons in question must be provided.
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian visa center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy , valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases. Medical insurance is accepted only in English or Russian languages.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Sweden, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Sweden for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Sweden, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Sweden Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
All fees can be paid only by BANK CARD (cash is not accepted).
For the citizens of Sweden and the European Union
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-20 business days||375 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||750 SEK||495 SEK|
Please note! Family visa is processed within 10 working days.
For other categories of citizens (non-EU citizens), as well as stateless persons
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|4-20 business days||720 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||1440 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-20 business days||1152 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||2304 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-20 business days||2160 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||4320 SEK||495 SEK|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee (incl.VAT)|
|324 SEK||315 SEK|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult a call-center operator regarding the procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the visa center.
This is a paid additional service that costs 125 SEK for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Premium Lounge.