Humanitarian visa is issued to the citizens of Sweden, other countries and persons without citizenship for entering the Russian Federation with a purpose of establishing, renewing and strengthening scientific, cultural, social and political relations, for sporting activities, religious and charity work as well as humanitarian aid delivery.
It is issued based on an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration issued of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (Russian MIA) or a written request from a host organization or institution. It may also be based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decision (Russian MFA).
Humanitarian visa can be single- or double-entry, valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry, valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry humanitarian visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period.
To apply for a single-entry, double-entry or multi-entry humanitarian visa one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry to the Russian Federation:
1.1. The invitation for an entry to the Russian Federation issued by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs;
1.2. The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa;
1.3. A written request of a host organization or institution;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian visa center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy with the amount of medical services coverage of at least 30,000 euros or an equivalent amount in another currency, valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases. Medical insurance is accepted only in English or Russian languages.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Sweden, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Sweden for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Sweden, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Sweden Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
All fees can be paid only by BANK CARD (cash is not accepted).
For the citizens of Sweden and the European Union
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|Single-, double-, multi-entry visa|
|4-20 business days||375 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||750 SEK||495 SEK|
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and purpose of travel, a humanitarian visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
For other categories of citizens (non-EU citizens), as well as stateless persons
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)|
|4-20 business days||720 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||1440 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-20 business days||1152 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||2304 SEK||495 SEK|
|4-20 business days||2160 SEK||315 SEK|
|1-3 business days||4320 SEK||495 SEK|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee (incl.VAT)|
|324 SEK||315 SEK|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult a call-center operator regarding the procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the visa center.
This is a paid additional service that costs 125 SEK for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Premium Lounge.